The Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania is a non-profit organization, sponsoring a scholarship program dedicated to supporting Pennsylvania residents who are pursuing a program of basic (LPN, Diploma, AD, BSN) or advanced degree in nursing (Masters, Doctoral) education in a Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing approved program within an educational institution located in Pennsylvania. The foundation invites qualified candidates to apply for scholarships that will be awarded in the Summer to be expended in the Fall semester (except for Ph.D. awards that will be funded over the grant period). Scholarships are available to be used for tuition, books, and/or educational fees. The Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania hope that it is your intent to practice nursing in Pennsylvania.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please Read Carefully
- Complete the Ph.D. Scholarship Application herein. You must be a resident of Pennsylvania (PA) and enrolled in a Ph.D. program in PA.
- Submit TWO letters of recommendation, which address the selection criteria below (at least one letter MUST be from a Ph.D. Advisor). All letters of recommendation must have the applicant's name, as well as the address, telephone number, and email address of the person writing the recommendation.
NOTE: You are able to request letters of recommendation to be uploaded through Submittable's system.
- Submit your transcript of grades that includes the most recently completed semester and includes the required course in nursing (unofficial transcript is acceptable).
- Submit a copy of your letter of acceptance or its equivalent into the Ph.D. nursing program with a beginning date being identified.
- Submit an abstract summarizing your proposal.
- Submit a one-page budget for your project.
- Submit evidence that your proposal has been reviewed and approved by an established ethical review board at the institution or site where you plan to conduct the study. Include appropriate support letters.
- Submit the completed signature page. Download the signature page here. You will need to obtain signatures from your Advisor, Program Chair, and Institutional Representative, OR Financial Officer. You will then upload the completed signature form, where indicated, toward the bottom of this online submission form. We recommend that you print your completed application (just prior to submitting - you are able to save a draft to complete later) and bring it with you when asking for signatures so that the person is able to review your application prior to signing.
- Professional Leadership
- Academic Achievement
- Leadership Potential
- Community Service
- Personal Commitment
- Significance/Impact of Research
- To apply, you MUST be a resident of Pennsylvania.
- You must be enrolled in a Pennsylvania State Board-Approved Nursing Education Program. View the listing of approved programs.
- If BOTH letters of recommendation are not present within the online application at the conclusion of the application window, the application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
- Each project may only be submitted for one award per funding cycle.