The Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania is a non-profit foundation sponsoring a scholarship program dedicated to supporting Pennsylvania residents who are pursuing a program of basic (LPN, Diploma, AD, BSN, BSN Completion) or advanced degree in nursing (Masters, Doctoral - DNP, DNS), and PhD education in a Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing approved program within an educational institution located in Pennsylvania. We will also accept applications from students attending nursing school online, but your intention must be to work as a nurse in Pennsylvania.
We invite qualified candidates to apply for scholarships that will be awarded in the Summer to be expended in the Fall semester (except for PhD awards that will be funded over the grant period). Scholarships are available to be used for tuition, books, and/or educational fees. The Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania hopes that it is your intent to practice nursing in Pennsylvania.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please Read Carefully
- Complete the Scholarship Application, including Personal Statement of Commitment.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation, which address the selection criteria below (at least one letter must be from a nursing faculty member). All letters of recommendation must have applicant's name, as well as the address, telephone number, and email address of the person writing the recommendation.
NOTE: You are able to request letters of recommendation to be uploaded through Submittable's system.
- Submit your transcript of grades that includes the most recently completed semester with the required course in nursing (unofficial transcript is acceptable).
- Submit a copy of your letter of acceptance or its equivalent into the nursing program with a beginning date being identified.
- Professional Leadership
- Academic Achievement
- Leadership Potential
- Community Service
- Personal Commitment
- To apply, you MUST be a resident of Pennsylvania.
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- You must be attending Pennsylvania nursing school in the Fall - scholarship monies will be applied to the Fall term. if you have already graduated, or if you are graduating prior to the upcoming Fall semester, you are not eligible to apply.
- If BOTH letters of recommendation are not present within the online application at the conclusion of the application window, the application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
- High school students may not apply. You must be established in a nursing school and be able to provide your most recent transcript from nursing school as well as a letter of recommendation from a nursing school faculty member.
- LPN Students: if you are entering a program during the application window, and have not yet received a GPA, we will consider your high school transcript, along with a letter of recommendation from a nursing school faculty member, from whom you've taken a class.
- Other Nursing Students: If you are in your first semester of nursing school during the scholarship application window, you can still apply. Just submit a partial transcript with your grades thus-far and indicate in your narrative that you are in your first semester of nursing school.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the categories of Advanced Degree-Doctoral, Advanced Degree-Masters, BSN, BSN Completion, Diploma, LPN, Associate, and PhD (PhD applicants should complete a separate application).