Nurse administrators nominated for this award are recognized for creating and sustaining supportive environments for the practice of nursing in challenging and diverse arenas. The nominees for this award initiate positive recruitment and retention strategies and support a model of professional practice in their organization through their leadership, innovation, mentoring and knowledge of the health care needs of their communities.
The emphasis is on an upper level of nursing leadership and management. An individual who demonstrates visionary leadership, implements innovations, and promotes effective financial stewardship of operational human resources.
Application Process: Please Read Carefully
- Submit contact information for the nominee, nominator and CNO.
- Provide information about the nominee's education, certifications, community involvement, honors/awards, professional memberships, etc.
- Answer the required questions about the nominee's excellence in nursing.
- Obtain signatures from the following people: nominator (yourself); the nominee/candidate; and the CNO, Director or CEO. Click here to download the signature form. You will then upload the completed signature form, where indicated, toward the bottom of this submission form.
The application, including all required materials, must be complete at the time of submission to be considered. Selection Criteria
- Creates Supportive Environment for the Practice of Nursing
- Influences Quality of Patient Care
- Utilizes Professional Standards to Advance Nursing Practice
- Initiates Positive Recruitment and Retention Strategies
- Manages Effective Resource Utilization